Saturday, March 21, 2009

Take the Lead

Take the Lead

The movie was the perfect escape for relieving stress!

Take the Lead is a movie that makes you want to do that astonishing kind of dancing! Throughout my whole life, that was my first time to see a film that is so devoted to art of dancing. To start with my reaction to the film, based on my observations, I very much agree that the choreography was well done. Although I didn’t get to see the movie until its end, I could say that the mixture of classical ballroom and street music was quite unexpected. However, I would have liked to see more of the actual teaching and learning process between the students (in detention) and their teacher as they learned the specifics of ballroom dancing.


Respect and belief in oneself were the major understated values underlying the whole story. It also showcases real life issues the blacks and whites in the United States face such as poverty, rejection, discrimination, attitude problems, etc. By the way, to be frank, if I were the only person viewing that film, I would really dance to the beat of Tango music! It just sends quite an unexplainable impulse on my body that makes me want to groove to the beat.


To summarize everything all up, the movie was great and worth watching. Those who have the talent to dance will surely love this excellent film!

No comments: